Applications are invited for the post of Administrator at Water Lane United Reformed Church, Bishop’s Stortford. Applications must be made by sending your CV by email to email@example.com. Your CV should address the person specification that we are looking for as outlined in the below job description.
The closing date is 30 JUNE 2018
We are sorry but due to the anticipated level of demand we will not be able to enter into correspondence or give any feedback on applications. We will contact all applicants invited for interview.
Administrator (part time)
Church Secretariat* and Minster(s)
Purpose of Job:
To assist the Church Secretariat in the day to day administrative running of Water Lane URC Church.
*The Church Secretariat are the officials responsible for, amongst other things, the co-ordination of all non-religious administration activities of the church. They are “Elders” i.e. a trustee of the church, as well as being a member of the congregation.
- Taking minutes at various church meetings;
- Compiling the church’s annual report;
- Preparing the role for Elders’ elections;
- Collating the church notices to be read at the start of each Sunday’s service;
- Maintaining the church diary;
- Liaising with other officials to facilitate church tasks;
- Responding to, and initiating, agreed letters and email correspondence;
- Collating and printing newsletter;
- Inviting, and liaising with, visiting ministers;
- Arranging and liaising with contractors on site;
- Updating website and social media sites;
- Other tasks as required.
The successful candidate should be honest, open and caring. The Church is a Christian organisation, and whilst it is not essential to fully share the Christian belief, empathy with it is required.
The successful candidate will also possess initiative, demonstrate attention to detail, have strong interpersonal communication skills and be able to take tasks through to successful completion. The candidate will need to be familiar with the use of technology, Microsoft products (including Publisher), WordPress and the commonly used social media platforms.
Hours and locations:
An average of 10 hours per week with scope for more hours for the right candidate. There is some flexibility as to the location and time of work. Some evening work will be required to take minutes at meetings. Additional hours worked will be compensated by time off in lieu.
£8.75 per hour. The United Reformed Church is committed to paying its staff the Real Living Wage.